Here is a recipe for an excellent quick bread using teff flour. I have made it in both a loaf pan and small pans to make mini loaves and love it both ways.
This recipe also contains molasses which is excellently high in iron, calcium and magnesium.
Teff Brown Bread
- 1 cup teff flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flours with corn starch, salt, baking soda and sugar. Mix till combined.
3. Add molasses and buttermilk and mix till combined.
4. Butter baking tin.
5. Transfer batter into pan and smooth top.
6. Place in oven and bake for one hour or until baked through. If you are using a smaller baking tin or shallower your baking time will be shorter. Insert a stick to determine doneness.
7. Permit to cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely on baking rack or cutting board. This will effect the texture of the crust so do not leave bread in pan.